Financial Plus Credit Union was founded in May of 1951 by Charles Munks, President of Local Union 19, Federation of Glass, Ceramic, and Steel Workers of North America. The Credit Union originally served union employees of Libbey Owens Ford Glass Company and was named Glass Workers Credit Union. It operated in a small area in the Local 19 office building.
Over the years, the charter was changed to a community charter, and Glass Workers Credit Union was renamed Financial Plus Credit Union in 1988. Today, Financial Plus is over a $300 million dollar financial institution with five offices and over 32,000 members.